On behalf of the Executive of Cole Harbour Minor Baseball it gives me great pride to announce the creation of the Cole Harbour Baseball Bursary.
In keeping with our commitment to support the players and the community in which we play, CHMBA has made available a maximum of two $500 educational bursaries for players requiring assistance with post secondary education.
Updated: March 27, 2017
About the Cole Harbour Minor Baseball Bursary
In 2016, Cole Harbour Minor Baseball created the Cole Harbour Minor Baseball Bursary to support minor baseball players who require assistance with the costs associated with post-secondary education. The Cole Harbour Minor Baseball Bursary is given in recognition of outstanding commitment to community service, athletics, and academics. This bursary reflects the achievements of a young baseball player who is committed to his or her community, athletic ability, and academic achievement. Each approved recipient may receive between $100 and $500 towards his or her post-secondary education. Bursary amounts are subject to change depending on available funds. There will be a maximum of two bursary winners awarded per year. Bursaries will be issued to the applicant’s postsecondary institution.
The CHMBA Executive Board reviews all applications and a member of the Board will contact the applicant to confirm that their request has been received. All applicants must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All requests can only be made for players twenty years and younger who has been a registered player with CHMBA for a minimum of five years.
2. A player must be attending a post-secondary institution during the upcoming year.
3. Maintain a high standard of academic excellence.
4. Active in their local community programs (any community sport or social program).
How to Apply
1. Candidates must complete the attached application form and submit it to the CHMBA by midnight July 1st of the calendar year. Each application will be reviewed during the following CHMBA Executive meeting. Upon receiving the application, CHMBA will contact the applicant with a confirmation E-mail.
2. Provide a one-page letter outlining their request.
* Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Successful applicant(s) will be informed by e-mail, and asked to attend the annual CHMBA coach’s appreciation banquet for a presentation.
Please send complete applications to the following address:
Cole Harbour Minor Baseball
Attn: Baseball Bursary
317 Caldwell rd
Cole Harbour, NS B2V 1A4
Privacy Statement: The CHMBA is committed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). In this regard, CHMBA will protect the privacy and security of all personal information disclosed to or collected or used by the CHMBA for the purposes of running its “Cole Harbour Minor Baseball Bursary”. The CHMBA follows the ten (10) Canadian Standards Association principles identified in
the federal PIPEDA.
Cole Harbour Minor Baseball Bursary Application Form
|Baseball Involvement (check all that apply)|
|Player||# of Years||Official||# of Years|
|Coach||# of Years||Other||# of Years|
|Current Grade Point Avg:||School Contact:|
|Post-Secondary Institution(s)Applied to:|
|Area of Study:|
|One page letter request||Proof of most recent academic record|
|Active within my community (any community sport or social program)||Other supporting documents included|
|I hereby apply for the Cole Harbour Minor Baseball Bursary and declare that all information submitted is complete and true in every aspect and that I have answered all questions applicable to me on this form.|
|Signature of Applicant:||Date:|
|Signature of Parent/Guardian:||Date:|